Every Friday we’ll share one of our favorite products! Tune-in to Mike Haile on WHMS 97.5 FM at 6:55 am M-F during the Dr. G’s Rock n Roll History Book. Click the links below to read more about these awesome games, purchase online, then pick up curbside or have them shipped to your door! Better yet, stop in our store and our staff will help you out personally!
UNBORED TIME CAPSULE: A Seriously Fun Activity Kit
Friday, July 17, 2020
- This fun kit includes everything you’ll need, from stickers and labels to envelopes and boxes.
- Includes a date stamp to capture important details that you’d like people in the future (including your future self) to know about or remember.
- collect artifacts and memorabilia
- interview friends and family
- organize label and date
- make a scrapbook
- Record your current activities and current events, details about family and friends and school, stories about the year 2020!
- Seal and store your time capsule!
- Thoughtful approach to make memories together in the present and the future!
- Unique, awesome, fun. A great gift!
- Best for ages 8 and up, or younger with adult help
- Made by MindWare, trusted brand of “brainy toys for kids of all ages.”
Named for the Japanese word for “fireworks”
Friday, July 3, 2020
- A best selling cooperative game where players try to create the perfect fireworks show by placing the cards on the table in the right order.
- for 2-5 players
- ages 8 and up
- The card deck consists of five different colors of cards, numbered 1–5 in each color. For each color, the players try to place a row in the correct order from 1–5. Sounds easy, right? Well, not quite, because in this game you hold your cards so that they’re visible only to other players. To assist fellow players in playing a card, you must give them hints regarding the numbers or the colors of their cards. Players must act as a team to avoid errors and to finish the fireworks display before they run out of cards.
- You can play this game in about 25 minutes
- An extra set of cards, rainbow colored, is also provided for advanced or variant play.
Friday, June 5, 2020
Yes, it’s chess with lasers!
- Fun two-player strategy game that combines the spatial thinking skills of chess with the high-tech fun of laser beams
- Great for intergenerational fun, clear instructions, you can start playing immediately
- “one of the best gifts you can buy for kids (and adults) who like smart games and a challenge”
- Minimum age recommendation is 8 years old
- Another ThinkFun award winner:
- Mensa Select Winner
- Parents Choice Silver Honor Award
- Seriously STEM Award Winner
- Featured in Purdue University’s Engineering Gift Guide
Friday, May 22, 2020
- Fun and easy-to-learn Board Game
- A best-seller for game night!
- 2018 Parent’s Choice and Family Choice Award Winner
- 3-8 players
- Minimum age = 8 years old
Simple to play! One player picks one of over 250 Word Cue cards (with 500 total cues), everyone else writes the word they think best completes the phrase – and tries to match it exactly to another player’s word without giving a single hint. Just grab a slate, write a word, and get ready to make a match!
Friday, May 15, 2020
Pass the sushi! In this fast-playing card game, the goal is to grab the best combination of sushi dishes as they pass by. Gather the most points and consider yourself the sushi master!
2-5 players, Ages 8 to 99
Easy to learn, Easy to play!
Highly recommended game
Super fun for all ages
Sushi Go! never gets old!
Great introduction to card games
Encourages strategic thinking
Develops math skills
Artwork on cards is loved by all!